An in-house metal laboratory
Fives’ Piping Solution business line has built its own metal laboratory to carry out stringent testing and quality policies. The laboratory can manage test planning and monitoring and saves production time.
Fives’ teams can also conduct their own tests in the machining division for coupons (test pieces).
Expert teams able to perform a wide range of tests
- Tension tests at ambient or high temperatures (up to 700°C)
- Compression tests
- Bending tests
- Texture tests
- Resilience tests (between -196°C and ambient temperature)
- Vickers and Brinell hardness tests
- Macrographic analyses
- Micrographic analyses
- Grain size determination
- Inclusionary cleanliness determination
- Phase count
- Ferrite rate
- Corrosion resistance pitting tests in chloride solution (ASTM-G48)
- Tests to determine glass temperature transition of polymers by DSC
- Determination of void fraction and glass content in glass-resin composite materials
- Failure analysis
- Metallurgical assessments
- Heat treatment simulations in a laboratory furnace (up to 1100°C)
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.