Design and calculation services
A team of 50 engineers
Fives' Piping Solutions business line has a team of over 50 engineers specialized in studies and calculations. Our engineering offices offer study and calculation services for any kind of project or industry.
Fives can provide its customers with high-level services based on its industry experience and advanced skills in the leading design and computation software.
The engineering teams can be sent out to customer sites to best meet their needs.
Through its Piping Solutions offer, Fives also provides expert consulting services at customer sites to analyze equipment behavior and recommend maintenance solutions.
Flagship projects for France's largest industrial sites
Through its Piping Solutions offer, Fives has been part of the largest nuclear and thermal projects in France. Among some of the engineering department's key achievements, the Piping Solutions business line has worked on projects like:
- Georges Besse II uranium enrichment plant: built fluid and process systems for the UFg enrichment unit
- Flamanville EPR: built the main secondary piping systems (steam and water) to supply the machine room; built auxiliary piping systems for the nuclear cell
- Areva EPR: built a test loop for primary JSPM pump units
Fives and its Piping Solutions business line have worked together on nuclear contracts for new EPRs and next-generation thermal plants to provide:
• the primary piping systems for EPR Olkiluoto 3, Flamanville 3, Taishan 1 and 2 for Areva,
• piping systems and onsite installation of the test loop for the Areva JSPM EPR primary motor-driven pump units,
• Inconel 82 buttering and butt-joining for containment openings in the EPR Flamanville 3 reactor building
• high-pressure piping systems for next-generation thermal plants.
In an ongoing effort to maintain our employees' qualifications and skills, the business line has two training centers in manual and automated welding at our facilities in Nancy and Cherbourg, France.
The business line also has an industrial site in Nancy, a division specifically focused on development. This division features a modular floor design that can be moved around to simulate real-life environments and machinery footprints.
Fives’ Piping Solutions business line develops innovative welding processes for its customers that meet their special requirements. Some recent developments by our R&D teams:
- automatic welding for valves located in high-radiation zones,
- repairing blades in primary heat pumps,
- TIG orbital narrow gap welding
Fives and its Piping Solutions business line have 160 employees certified in welding who can work on over 2,000 Welding Process Specifications (WPS) and qualify for the standard international industrial codes (EN, ISO, RCC-M, RSE-M, ASME, AD-MERKBLATT, etc.).
These WPSs cover a wide range of metal alloy grades: all low-alloy steels, high-alloy steels, P91 and P92 martensitic steels for thermal plants, ferrite/austenitic/austenitic-ferrite (dual-phase grade) stainless steels, nickel alloys, aluminum alloys, copper alloys and titanium alloys.
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.