Aluminium piping and pressure vessels
Fives' Piping Solutions' products for aluminum piping and pressure vessels are used for applications in a large number of industries, including the cryogenics sector.
Fives' Piping Solutions business line also has a high-performance stamping line for aluminium parts. We can manufacture die-stamped heads 8-40 mm thick and up to 2200 mm long as well as stamp aluminum [crowned bases].
Backed by a century of industry know-how, Fives' Piping Solutions business line also developed innovative processes like TIG orbital welding for aluminium tubes.
A certified partner
Fives' Piping Solutions offer has certifications and standards qualifications (STAMP U, ADHP and SELO) for all types of welds: up to 40 mm for TIG and manual MIG and up to 90 mm for automatic MIG. With the equipment Fives has in its shops, it can guarantee customers top-quality high-tech products and very quick response times.
Fives and its Piping Solutions business line have worked together on nuclear contracts for new EPRs and next-generation thermal plants to provide:
• the primary piping systems for EPR Olkiluoto 3, Flamanville 3, Taishan 1 and 2 for Areva,
• piping systems and onsite installation of the test loop for the Areva JSPM EPR primary motor-driven pump units,
• Inconel 82 buttering and butt-joining for containment openings in the EPR Flamanville 3 reactor building
• high-pressure piping systems for next-generation thermal plants.
In an ongoing effort to maintain our employees' qualifications and skills, the business line has two training centers in manual and automated welding at our facilities in Nancy and Cherbourg, France.
The business line also has an industrial site in Nancy, a division specifically focused on development. This division features a modular floor design that can be moved around to simulate real-life environments and machinery footprints.
Fives’ Piping Solutions business line develops innovative welding processes for its customers that meet their special requirements. Some recent developments by our R&D teams:
- automatic welding for valves located in high-radiation zones,
- repairing blades in primary heat pumps,
- TIG orbital narrow gap welding
Fives and its Piping Solutions business line have 160 employees certified in welding who can work on over 2,000 Welding Process Specifications (WPS) and qualify for the standard international industrial codes (EN, ISO, RCC-M, RSE-M, ASME, AD-MERKBLATT, etc.).
These WPSs cover a wide range of metal alloy grades: all low-alloy steels, high-alloy steels, P91 and P92 martensitic steels for thermal plants, ferrite/austenitic/austenitic-ferrite (dual-phase grade) stainless steels, nickel alloys, aluminum alloys, copper alloys and titanium alloys.
Extensive experience in high-pressure piping for extreme temperatures
Fives' Piping Solutions business line can build several types of high-pressure high-temperature piping systems for even the most challenging projects.
For example, it created a complete circuit for the Maritza project, loop pipes, custom-built bends and piping systems at customer sites in Blénod-les-Pont-à-Mousson, West Burton, Cardiff, Pembroke and Flamanville.
A high-tech range
- Exchanger collectors and piping (diameter: 26-2500 mm);
- Domes measuring 3500 x 3500 mm and 30 mm thick;
- Capacity for 2000 x 5000 mm and 12 mm thick;
- Tanks measuring 3000 x 10,000 mm and 30 mm thick;
- Die-stamped head (diameter: 38-540 mm);
- Indented-base and flat heads (diameter: 26-1000 mm);
- Tubular exchangers;
- Distillation columns;
- ISO AI 99.5
- Al 99.7
- Al Mn 1 Cu
- Al Mg 1
- Al Mg 4.5 Mn
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.